• 3 cloves garlic
• ¼ – ½ cup pine nuts (negotiable)
• ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil (you can cut this half and half with chicken broth)
• juice of half a lemon
• 2-3 cups fresh basil
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
• dash of pepper (optional)
Fill food processor with garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth. Add basil, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Pulse until well blended. Scrape down sides and pulse until smooth.
Serve on whole grain baguette slices topped with yellow bell pepper slices.
Or toss with a whole grain linguini pasta